Access June 2018 100% grass-fed beef by ordering before midnight on May 15th! Click here for details.
How to make the PERFECT hamburger!
- It all starts with the best burger. Choose the best burger you can find. Quality matters!
- Choose a ratio of 80/20 meat to fat if possible. That will make it juicy and tender. Leaner beef won’t shrink as much.
- Form the burgers the size you want. A typical burger is about a quarter pound.
- Don’t overwork the burger. Just knead it gently to shape.
- Don’t go for a perfectly shaped patty. About 3/4 of an inch thickness is what matters.
- Make an indentation. This is key! It really works. Press your thumb and fingers in the center of the patty to create a slight dent. This way the burger will catch the oil and won’t balloon like a football.
- Don’t over season or complicate the burger with added ingredients. It’s not a meatloaf.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly on the patties. Helps keep it moist and adds some flavor.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper. Just those simple ingredients! Remember, the beef is what we are wanted to enjoy!
- Heat up the grill on ahead of time! Use a higher setting.
- Oil the grill with some olive oil. See the video for how it’s done.
- Always cook the burger thoroughly, unless you know it’s fresh. Grass-fed beef is also less prone to bacteria, so a medium rare grass-fed burger is acceptable.
- Only flip it once. That gives you the classic grill marks make the burger look as good as it tastes!
- Melt the cheese for 30 seconds. Yes, that cheese adds so much.
- Lightly butter and toast the bun. Of course, use the most natural butter and bun you can.
Let us know how it goes for you!