This recipe was completed by Jim Bartlett and approved by the entire Bartlett Farms team!
- 2 – 4 lb pasture-raised fresh hams
- 1 1/2 cups sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 17 cups water
- 2 Tbs black pepper
- 2 Tbs red pepper
- Dissolve ingredients by warming in pan on stove.
- Place meat in large bowl, pour brine into bowl, place large plate to hold meat from floating.
- Wait at least 2 days per pound.
- Rinse off the brine.
- (optional smoking at this point)
- Cook, serve, enjoy!
Get your own pastured ham: https://app.barn2door.com/e/QAEEk/all?sellerSubCategories=16135,16136